Friday, March 13, 2009

Butter Bell


This is the coolest little invention!  Its a ceramic crock that keeps butter fresh without having to refrigerate it.  I am making more of my own homemade bread and having soft butter to spread on it is wonderful.  For a picture of how it works, click here.  You have to change the water every few days, but thats easy to do any time you are using it.  I haven't tried yet, but I want to mix in some maple syrup or some herbs and make flavored butter.  Maybe I need to get a few more butter bells.... 

2 comments:

  1. We have one, but don't use it much anymore. I'll have to tell you about it. My mom LOVES hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I wasn't very clear, we do have one of these and enjoy the fresh butter. What I haven't tried yet is mixing herbs or maple syrup with the butter. :)

    ReplyDelete