Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mommy Makeover

I'm normally a plain and comfy type girl.  Jeans and a ponytail suit me well most days.  After having a baby though, it is easy to feel frumpy and in need of a pick-me-up.  Here are a few of the things that I've done lately:


- Painted my toenails with Piggy Paint (review and discount code here), a non-toxic nail polish. I haven't had toe nail polish on for a couple of years now because of it not being safe. I'm loving my pink toes and feeling cute in my flip flops.

- Bought some new Mommy Necklaces. These are perfect with a t-shirt and jeans, but make me feel oh-so-pretty. Besides that they are very functional and keep me from getting pinched and scratched.  Wearing one makes any outfit feel much more put together and takes it up a notch.  (click here for a discount code)

- Got another Bravado Body Silk nursing bra (see my review here). At first I thought these were too expensive, but after wearing mine constantly, I've decided its totally worth the money.  The extra support helps me have a nice figure and not feel flat and frumpy.  Some new cotton underwear from Target, and I'm all set.  I also purchased another Blush Undershirt to wear under my clothes to turn them into nursing tops.  I paid the extra for the pretty one with lace.  ;)

- I have a couple of lightweight cotton skirts that I have been wearing instead of shorts.  A tank top, flip flops, and a skirt still feels casual to me, but adds a little flair.  That along with a Mommy Necklace makes a great outfit for church or even just a playdate.

- Cute pajamas.  When thinking of updating my wardrobe I don't generally shop for pajamas first.  I did find a cute set at Target recently though.  Now even if I hang out in my pajamas all day once in a while I still feel cute.

There you have it,  Without buying a whole new wardrobe I feel pretty and made-over.  I'm still often in a t-shirt and shorts, but a bit cuter.  Do you have a favorite way to feel pretty?  A special top, necklace, pair of shoes?  Feel free to comment and share your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. I love the simple ways you made yourself feel special. I love getting new pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're combating the frumpiness! I struggle with that, too. The skirts totally help though, don't they? I know they make me feel a little more put together and special. That Bravado bra looks so comfy! I am getting tired of the camisole under the shirt - not very perky looking :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have to have earings on. They make all the difference. Even if I wear pj's for the day, I still feel cute. I also use a simple gold colored stretchy bracelet for keeping track of nursing which helps with the cuteness.

    ReplyDelete