Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday - Swap




Lucy and Julia enjoyed a Muffin Tin Monday snack today.  They were looking forward to using our new MTM supplies from the recent swap, but we ended up eating lunch at a friend's house instead.  I'll have to make them a full out muffin tin lunch later this week.  For snack we had blueberries and string cheese pieces.  They polished this off in no time and then had fun putting more blueberries on their pinwheels to eat.  

Speaking of the swap - my partner Lisa at 1 Wasabi Mommy is awesome and sent my package already!  We got such a fun little assortment of supplies.  I've been wanting to try the egg molds, so I'm super excited about those especially.  Lucy helped me open the box and when I told her they were Muffin Tin Monday supplies she instantly asked me what day it was.  And kept asking me every day if it was Monday yet.  Training my kids to look forward to Mondays can't be a bad thing, right?  ;)


Egg molds, flamingo picks, pinwheel picks, animal cookie cutters, and more cute plastic picks!  I'm looking forward to making some fun lunches with these.  Thanks Lisa.  Hope your package arrives soon too.  

15 comments:

  1. I love the flamingo picks and the pinwheels - How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg molds are so much fun! I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flamingo picks! So cool! My little 'mingo lover would fall in love with them. I'll have to find her some. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool pinwheel picks!!! I love those! :) I had to google egg molds. lol Those are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never used an egg mold, either. I have to try eggs again to see if my daughter likes them... so far she hasn't. I've always thought the molds were cute, though. And I LOVE those flamingo picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flamingos and pinwheels have packaging that say they are from Pier 1 - I wouldn't have thought to look there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in the egg mold + clueless category. They look interesting though, and you got great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, you put the eggs in th mold while it is still hot from being hard boiled. you close the lid and pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes (some use a bowl of ice water. another bonus? you can add food coloring to the water and when the egg is molded it comes out a different color.

    Those pinwheels are so cute, well all of it is so fun! we have the noah's ark cutters and i just used them to make cantaloupe giraffes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny about Lucy asking about Monday - my daughter, Melia, on July 5th (dad had the day off) came into my room first thing in the morning and said "Mom, it's Muffin Tin Monday!". No, "Good morning" or "Hi" or anything else! But since Dad was home we forgot about the muffin tins at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinwheel picks? What a fun idea for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you liked.. the package..sorry it was not as large as some.. I have never done the swap before.. but I loved the string cheese and fruit on the pinwheels... nice snack
    did you try the molds... ??

    ReplyDelete
  12. We haven't tried the egg molds yet. I'm on vacation this week, but when we get back I'll for sure try it out!

    Here is a tutorial - http://justbento.com/handbook/bento-decoration-techniques/fun-japanese-egg-molds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pinwheel picks! How super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Followed you !
    Please follow me to !
    Thanks, mimilovesall8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete