Friday, July 2, 2010

Sew Sara

Continuing with the birthday theme...
Lucy loves her 5 shirt!


A friend of mine has an Etsy shop and makes these amazing birthday shirts (among other things).  Sara and I met on a message board for pregnant moms due in June - five years ago.  Our message board has continued and its so much fun to see how all of the kids have grown.  Sara now has Max, Ruby, and Simon, all about the same ages as my three girls.  Lucy and Julia were both thrilled to get a birthday shirt and hair clip from her for review.



The hair clips have a grippy strip to help them stay in fine hair.  I love that the fabric matches her shirt!  The stitching on the shirts is very well done, and these are excellent quality.  Sara has plenty of sewing experience and it shows.  Check out her blog to see more from Sew Sara, including some great tutorials and pictures of her latest work.



Lucy is very proud to be five years old and loves wearing her new shirt.  Julia has a 3 shirt and hair clip too, but we are saving it for her birthday in August.  I'll be sure to post a picture of it then.  These shirts make perfect birthday gifts, and I'm sure we'll have to get another one next year.  

Would you like to win one?  Sara is giving away a birthday shirt!  (and matching hair clip if its for a girl)  The winner gets to choose the number and shirt size, Sara will choose the colors.  To enter, check out Sew Sara on Etsy and let me know your favorite item.  For an extra entry, leave a comment letting me know you follow my blog.  You can have another entry for following Sara's blog.  That's a total of three possible entries - be sure to leave an email address.  I'll close the giveaway on July 16 at midnight.  Thanks for stopping by!

*Giveaway closed.  Congrats Nina!*

45 comments:

  1. I like all of the birthday shirts! I want one for all my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like a 2 shirt...didn't see one, but hope she'd make one for my little guy who is now a big brother!

    Very cute stuff!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow as well...thanks for the giveaway!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the turquoise "haul it" minky blanket!

    Nicol :)
    nicol13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow Sara's blog.

    Nicol :)
    nicol13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am following your blog too :).

    Incidentally, if it is June Junglegym that you met Sara on, my sister/cousin Nalani is on there too!

    Nicol :)
    nicol13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the minky snuggle blanket -- summer song

    jewelsntreasures (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow your blog!

    jewelsntreasures (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow Sara's blog!

    jewelsntreasures (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such good stuff! I liked the Jolly Roger Pirate Shirt. :)
    ktimmer_99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the yellow shirt with the bird and tree on Sara's etsy site.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her minky snuggle blankets are SO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this blanket:
    minky snuggle blanket (small) -- teal/brown geometric

    yeloechikee at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a little one turning 2 in August and would love that! Also, I'm already a friend and follower of Miss Sara's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The minky snuggle blankets are adorable!!

    mrsjschaefer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a hard choice and I decided that I love the cherry bib! I have another bib from SewSara and it has been my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow your Blog now! micheletaylor100@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Jolly Roger tee, too bad my boys aren't a size 8!
    gretchengillette@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the birthday shirts! I've always wanted one like that for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like all the birthday shirts but my favourite is the one that says I'm 3 etc. I would like a 3 shirt in size 4 for a little girl. Thanks.
    Dianne
    jmclean@mts.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Sara's work! Her minky blankets are my favorite, it's genius :) Megan @ myquiltstory@gmail.com

    Oliver's birthday is in January and you can make a hair clip for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the red bird and tree shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorite is the skull shirt...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE BIRTHDAY SHIRTS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The happy elephant onesie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would have to say my favorite is the Skull shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the happy elephant shirt.- JD

    SamneneD@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite item is the Haul it minky snuggle blanket!
    mommys3lilbirds@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow your blog!
    mommys3lilbirds@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow Sara's blog!
    mommys3lilbirds@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like the minky blankets!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. My favorite is the spice ring dot minky.
    katecanskate@Hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. And, I follow your blog too!
    katecanskate@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really liked minky snuggle blanket (small) -- teal/brown geometric thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete