Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Fun First



We had a fun "first" at our house the other day. I've never painted Lucy and Julia's fingernails before, but we did just that on Sunday! We had the chance to review Piggy Paint non-toxic nail polish and remover. Lucy and Julia were more than happy to be my product testers.

Piggy Paint is formulated from natural ingredients and contains no toxic chemicals. No formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, Bisphenol A, ethyl acetate, or acetone. (Yes, those are real ingredients in other nail polishes, along with lots of other yucky things.) Here is a picture comparing Piggy Paint to other nail polishes -


Yikes! I won't even get into the awfulness of nail polish remover. When I was younger we used it to kill bugs for our collections. Just soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover and put a bug in a closed jar with the cotton ball. I do not want my children breathing that in - or myself for that matter. I used to wear toe nail polish all summer, but haven't for a couple of years now because I decided it wasn't safe.


I was so excited to try Piggy Paint! I was curious to see if this polish would be difficult to put on or chip easily or something. Lucy was great at sitting still while I put it on her. I did two coats and used a blow dryer like they recommend. I also did my nails and Julia's too. The polish went on nicely and dried well. It had a slight smell to it, but nothing at all like other nail polishes. I had to stick my nose right up to it to even smell anything.


Both girls thought they were hot stuff and had fun showing off their pretty nails. By the end of the next day, mine was pretty chipped, especially on my right hand but other nail polishes always did the same thing. (Thats why I stick to painting my toes.) The polish stayed pretty well on the girls, in fact its still on Lucy because she's refusing to let me take it off. I used the Piggy Paint Nail Polish Remover to take mine off. I had to rub just a bit more than with a "normal" nail polish remover, but again there was no awful scent to deal with. We are very happy with Piggy Paint nail polish and remover! Lucy already has other colors picked out that she wants to try.

Check out their website to see all of the fun colors available (we used Forever Fancy). They also have some great tips for teaching colors and patterns with nail polish - fun! If you'd like to try Piggy Paint, you can use the code WORD10L for 10% off anything on their website including sale items. (expires July 31, 2010) If you spend over $35 you get free shipping. Join their Facebook page for special sales and offers. Thanks Piggy Paint!

I received Piggy Paint Nail Polish and Remover for review. I did not receive any other compensation and the opinions are all my own.

2 comments:

  1. You will laugh because when I first saw the picture logo "piggy paint" I thought it was finger paint! I was sorely disappointed. LOL I have been wanting to find a good finger paint for B. I will be searching your blog now to see if you have a review for that. :) If not, I'd love to see one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I usually just use whatever I find at the store, but I'd love something non-toxic. Let me see what I can find out...

    ReplyDelete