Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pete the Cat


My mom recently came across a video clip of two little girls reading Pete the Cat and thought it was hilarious. She sent us the link and ever since, my girls have been singing "I love my white shoes." Check out the video here. Its so cute!


I was excited to have the chance to review the book Pete the Cat by Eric Litwin. Lucy and Julia wanted to read it right away as soon as they saw it in the mail and were thrilled to have this book. Pete the Cat goes walking along and steps in strawberries, blueberries and more, turning his white shoes various colors. The book has brightly colored illustrations, and Pete makes me laugh on several pages. James Dean is the illustrator and he does a great job.



Pete the Cat comes with a card so that you can download the song that goes along with the book. Lucy and Julia sing anything to that same tune - "I love my red coat. I love my macaroni." etc. This is definitely a fun book to have and the song is catchy. I love the message of the book as well; Pete keeps a good attitude no matter what happens. We discussed how Pete might have been sad when his new shoes got dirty, but didn't cry. Hopefully Pete's good attitude will inspire my girls a bit. We're enjoying this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment