Monday, September 7, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday - First Day of School



Muffin Tin Monday didn't have a theme today, so we are celebrating our first day of school! Lucy is starting My Father's World Kindergarten (although we are calling it preschool instead of kindergarten since she's 4) and today is our very first day. Last night when she was sleeping, I posted all of the alphabet flashcards on her door and put up a new bulletin board in the kitchen area. Both of the girls noticed these things right away and were very excited to "do school" today.


Our muffin tin lunch today included things that we will learn about this year in school - animal pics with lunchmeat strips on them (learning about all kinds of animals), cheese cut into shapes, alphabet pretzels, yogurt with colored sprinkles in it (Julia is learning colors), broccoli pieces with ranch (trees, learning about plants and God's creation), and fruit pieces. The fruit is kind of my own secret because it reminds me that this year one of the most important things I'm teaching my children is the fruits of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. My girls don't know what the fruits of the Spirit are yet, and I think the explanation would be over their heads, so thats why I say its just my own secret reminder.

We had fun with our Muffin Tin Monday and our first day of school was a success. :)

9 comments:

  1. I love this! Where did you get the pretzels I have never seen them before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! The alphabet pretzels are Meijer store brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute MTM!! And my daughter has that same shirt. Its so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! I always see a variety of alphabet shaped food, but I never know where to purchase it! Meijer??? Who knew????

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your theme and everything that you did with it. This is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good theme, I have loved alphabet food since I was little. Nothing is more fun than spelling your name and eating it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a precious idea. You are one creative woman. I love it! You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete