Monday, March 9, 2009

Mineral Makeup (and FREE offer!)

I've been using mineral makeup for over a year now and wouldn't go back!  After learning about all the chemicals that are in makeup, and the fact that there aren't any regulations on what can or can't be in makeup- I switched.  If you want to read more about this, go to ewg.org and type in makeup and read a few of the articles that come up.  Mineral makeup does seem to be the new fad though, so I wouldn't trust just anything out there.  You want to find something with as few ingredients as possible.  I've been using Everyday Minerals and love it.  They have a free sample kit that you can order (you do pay a minimal amount for shipping, but you get a good amount of sample to try) and seem to be reasonably priced.  

I just found out about an offer from Physicians Formula for a rebate on some of their new organic line, thanks to Lindsay.  Click on rebates on the right.  There is an offer for mineral makeup as well as for mascara.  I'm interested in trying the mascara since I've been going without for some time now, due to not finding a natural alternative.  You do have to find the product in a store with a "Try Me Free" label on it.  I've checked two stores and didn't find the mascara labeled but did come across the mineral makeup with the label at Walgreens.  I'm not sure about all the ingredients in it, I don't really know what they all are, but I'm guessing its at least a step in the right direction.  

Stay tuned for more about the health and beauty products we use!  I've totally revamped our bathroom cupboards this past year after finding out about ewg.org and reading about how bad some of the ingredients are in common shampoo, conditioner, etc.  I feel much better about the natural alternatives we've found and now use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment