Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Homemade Christmas Gift for the Grandparents


Lucy and Julia made these canvas paintings for the Grandpas and Grandmas this year. I've seen this idea on several blogs: Chasing Cheerios (but can't find the original post) and here is another tutorial. I bought a couple of canvases at Hobby Lobby and we used tempra paint like this. The girls use their paintbrushes and covered the canvases in paint. Once they were done I pressed each of their hands into the paint and lifted it up. I think these make adorable keepsakes! We did a set for each of the Grandparents and I'm planning to put a set above the baby's changing table. I might even make a canvas using the new baby's footprints as well. Do you have other fun homemade Christmas gift ideas to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment