Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Guacamole Salad

This is such a simple idea, but I had never tried guacamole on salad before.  Delicious!


I love ranch.  Creamy, dairy-filled, can't eat it right now because I'm dairy free, ranch.  Italian dressing is okay, but sometimes I prefer something not so oily.  Surprisingly, the guacamole actually satisfied my creamy craving and was perfect on this salad.  The recipe is simple:

lettuce
bacon
tomatoes
guacamole
salsa
Pile on a plate and eat!

Easy Bacon:
Bake in a broiling pan at 400 for 20-25 minutes.  (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to catch the drips.)

Guacamole: (recipe from a friend who got it here)
2 avocados
2 Tbs lemon juice (or 1Tbs lime juice and 1 Tbs lemon juice)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin

3 comments:

  1. I make a super simple pesto...peas blended with EVOO, salt and garlic or garlic powder. I use that as salad dressing a lot. Delicious!!! I came up with it when I was dairy free in the early days of nursing my son b/c of his reflux.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on our menu! Tomorrow night, I think. =) I made something like this once before, but not with guacamole. I'm excited to try it this way.

    ReplyDelete