Saturday, March 17, 2012

Easter Resurrection Garden

I'm not sure where to give credit for this photo.  I first saw it on Facebook, and its all over Pinterest as well.  Its absolutely wonderful!


The girls and I put ours together this evening:


We used a small jam jar for the tomb.  (In the original photo, its a tiny flower pot.)  We planted some grass seed and will use a spray bottle to water it a few times a day.  I'll share another photo once ours sprouts, but wanted to post this now in case any of you are inspired to create your own.

Having this visual reminder of the Easter story in our home is a great way to spark conversation and thought.  I can see this becoming a yearly tradition.  Do you have anything special that you do around Easter time?  Please share!

5 comments:

  1. It looks great! I've been meaning to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful idea! What a great object lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you happen to have grass seed? I was wondering where to get just a little bit of grass seed to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had some leftover from last year. You can come get a bit from me! :)

      Delete
  4. I love this! Such a great visual reminder.

    ReplyDelete