Thursday, March 1, 2012

Children's Xylitol Toothpaste

We're trying out a new toothpaste!  I've read a bit about the benefits of xylitol, and was excited to come across Branam children's toothpaste with xylitol.  We avoid flouride in toothpaste (and our drinking water), but xylitol seems like a great natural way to help fight tooth decay and reduce bacteria.


The girls love using the toothpaste.  It comes in fun flavors: bubblegum and grape.  You can also choose between a gel (for younger children) and a paste (a bit more abrasive, for older children who are used to brushing).  So far the bubblegum gel is a huge hit.


Branam children's toothpaste:
- Is made with 30% xylitol.  (Other brands include just a token amount of xylitol for marketing purposes.)
- Is made in the USA.
- Uses xylitol from the USA, sourced from non-GMO corn or birch.
- Is endorsed by Healthy Child, Healthy World.
- Was developed by a pediatric dentist - Dr Steve Branam.

I like that my kids are using a toothpaste that I can feel good about.  Its worth browsing the Branam website for more information and to see other products that they carry.  They also have a couple of fun coloring pages and stories posted.  For more about xylitol, see here.

Thanks Branam!  Two thumbs up from us!


(We received toothpaste from Branam for the purpose of review.  All opinions expressed are my own of course.)

1 comment:

  1. Auh, I remembered my li'l niece after looking at the second photo. She loves to pose for the camera, whether or not she's doing anything. I wonder if she also has a photo of her brushing her teeth. I guess she has! She's a superstar in their house! Haha!

    ReplyDelete