Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Simple Snowflake Party

Esther turned two on Sunday!  Its hard to believe that it has already been two years since her crazy arrival.  We celebrated at home with family, a few gifts (including her new felt card table playhouse), and some snacks.


Our snow themed menu included:
homemade popcorn
sweetheart fruit salad
veggies and ranch dip
crackers and a cheese snow ball
cupcakes with white frosting and sprinkles


For Christmas, I got a set of Fiesta mugs and dessert plates.  They were the perfect size for party food.


I can't remember where I saw this idea, but I made little candles for our Christmas table this year.  I used a jelly jar, LED tealights (from Costco), and Epsom salt to look like snow.  Super easy and the girls love having these on our table!


I bought the snowflake tablecloth before Christmas, and found these snowmen salt and pepper shakers on clearance at Kohl's last week.  I love having a few simple touches that help our home look festive.  Since everything is snow themed, it can stay out a bit longer than the Christmas decorations.  ;)


The girls and Grandma cut out snowflakes for party decorations.  Simple and fun!
linked to Kitchen Tip Tuesdays

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! SO sorry I missed it! Happy Belated Birthday pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete