Monday, January 9, 2012

Felt Card Table Playhouse

I started a tutorial here, but this pregnant mama was just too tired to keep snapping pictures and figuring out how to explain this as I went along.  (Partly because I didn't even really know what I was doing, and I was sewing late at night after the kids were asleep!)  Thankfully felt is very forgiving and it turned out pretty well.  Allow me to show off our new felt card table playhouse:


This is a cover that slips over top of a card table - ie completely put-away-able.  



The apples and flowers are removable (velcro).   



The tree can have either apples, or apple blossoms.  This tree has both at the moment.




Mama bird also has velcro on her so that she is removable and can sit in the tree.


Here you can see her hungry baby a bit better:


Doghouse with doorway, removable bone in the dog dish, and more velcro flowers in the window box:



The mailbox opens up of course. 


We also made some paper envelopes that the mailman can deliver.


Close-up of the apple, apple blossom, and some extra birds:


I think she likes it!  Happy Birthday, sweet girl!
(and thank you to my mother-in-law for help with cutting things out.)


linked to Made By You Monday, Make It Yourself Mondays, Fabric Tuesday,

14 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job! I'm sure your girls will play with this for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks wonderful! I bet she (and perhaps some older sisters;) will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is one of the very cutest things I have ever seen! I love it!

    You are very talented and creative. I'm pinning this for inspiration to maybe make one myself someday :)

    Thank you so much for sharing at Make-It Yourself Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out so cute, Christy! What fun they will have. Perfect timing for keeping them busy when the new little one comes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Very impressive Christy. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I pinned this and hope to make it for my grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lot of loving effort went into this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three years or so ago when I was looking for card table playhouses online for my niece, there were none to be found to purchase online. Okay, there were a few, but they were all ugly or old fashioned looking. Then, a month or two later, I found this awesome etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/missprettypretty I bought one of the first playhouses she sold on that site, before she added all her other amazing designs. I have since bought 2 other playhouses from her, and trust me when I say they are AMAZING and even cuter in person. I swear this lady started this playhouse trend again, and it's so obvious who has been looking at her site because she was the first person to do the interactive play pieces. Believe me, I know, because I looked and looked for playhouses for a long time before I saw hers and she was the ONLY one who did the interactive pieces. It's so sad to me how so many people have copied her ideas (including her very recognizable pattern) and don't give her creativity any credit. Or even link to other sites where the blogger made a playhouse and credited her. Even if you are only "inspired" by someone, it's common courtesy to link back to them. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. That is certainly a gorgeous Etsy shop. I had no way of knowing whether or not this lady was the "first" to do certain things or patterns. I'm not selling anything here and certainly did not intend to step on anyone's toes! In one of my first posts about the playhouse I did link to the blog where I first saw the idea. I browsed many different blogs and playhouse ideas before I settled on my own. ;)

      Delete
    2. I want to say that I am very impressed with the heart and time you put into this playhouse for your daughter! I do not think anyone can technically say they have a "patent" on any ideas for these. I get ideas for lots of things by browsing the internet, and then turn them into my own, as well. Thank you for sharing the pictures, ideas, and joy that you brought to your family with this playhouse and it's awesome that your mother-in-law helped you cut out all those pieces! :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you for all the compliments ladies! :) It was fun to make, but I'm glad its over, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just did a search for a playhouse for my grandkids and found you. This is SO cute! Now...to get busy!

    ReplyDelete