Saturday, January 21, 2012

Craft Idea: Paint with Q-tips

My girls received this fun set of paints for Christmas:


The first time we used them, I spent all of my time washing paintbrushes.  These are not watercolors, so I had to go to the sink and thoroughly wash each brush and dry it when the girls wanted to change paint colors.  Today, I had a wonderful idea: paint with q-tips!


We used the paints and q-tips for our lesson on seasons (green dots for spring leaves, green and pink dots for summer leaves and flowers, red orange and yellow dots for fall leaves, and white dots for winter snow).  The girls then decided to make their own pictures:



I am much happier about letting the girls paint with these, knowing I won't have to clean out 100 brushes!

One of my favorite homeschool mom meeting topics is one where we all share random tips like this.  I'm thinking about hosting a Homeschool Help Thursday feature, kind of like Kitchen Tip Tuesday, except this would be any and all tips for homeschool moms.  Is anyone interested?  Would you have tips to share on your blog and link up?  Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Great for moms like me who have a hard time just letting them get messy. I can't wait to try this with B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a fabulous idea! Thanks for telling us about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I would love a Homeschool Help Thursday feature.

      Delete