Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Tree


This is the second year we've done this and its becoming a wonderful family tradition that we all enjoy! Sometime in October I put up a tree (last year it was on Lucy's door, this year its on our bulletin board since her door is taken over by alphabet flash cards). Every day each member of the family gets to choose something that they are thankful for and write it on a leaf that we then add to the tree. Today Lucy said she was thankful for our house, Julia is thankful for birds, Ross is thankful for work, and I'm thankful for my husband. We enjoy this activity all the way up until Thanksgiving and its a great reminder to celebrate all through the month leading up to the holiday. I saved all of the leaves from last year in a plastic bag and labeled it with the date. Its fun to be able to look back and see the various things that we were thankful for last year.

Does your family have any special Thanksgiving traditions?
(linked to Gratituesday)

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea... We really do not have any, and I was looking to implement some.

    Thanks for the idea
    Dina

    www.organicgirly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete