Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pregnancy Update

Exact weeks/days pregnant: 17 weeks

When did you find out? Very early on.  I had to go to the dentist and didn't want an x-ray if I was pregnant.  The line was so faint I ended up telling the dentist that "I might be pregnant."  lol

What size is the baby right now? As big as avocado, but babycenter.com says he/she will double his weight in the next few weeks, yikes!

Weight gain/ loss: Honestly I don't keep close track of this.  My stomach is huge, so I've gained for sure!

Maternity clothes?  Yep, I'm in that "nothing fits" stage.  Maternity clothes still look a bit baggy on me, but my normal clothes are definitely too tight.  I'm wearing a pair of my husband's pajama pants right now.  He's not much bigger than me though, so that doesn't work for long.

Stretch marks?  These tend to show up after I have the baby and my skin is shrinking back to its old size.  I'm not good about remembering to put lotion on.  :/

Sleep?  Since Esther stopped nursing a couple of weeks ago, I get to sleep through the night a bit better.  I still wake up to pee and of course tend to the occasional 6 year old or 4 year old who get up.

Food cravings?  I'm eating pretzel crisps with Nutella on them at the moment.  Mmmm.  I don't know if I've had any cravings lately.  Some random ones I've had are chicken soup, and potatoes.

Gender?  We are having a homebirth again with a midwife.  She doesn't do ultrasounds unless for some reason she thinks one is necessary.  Ross is happy to have it be a surprise again, while the suspense kind of drives me nuts.  

Belly button in or out?  Eh, mostly flat and starting to poke out.

Movement? Yes!  This past week I've felt baby kick or wiggle most every day, sometimes several times a day.  :)

Best moment this week?  Ross keeps putting his hand on my stomach trying to feel the baby move.  I think it will be a while before he can feel it, but its cute that he is excited.  

Anything else?  I'm happy that the constant nausea is finally gone, but I've been extremely exhausted these past few days.  I need to drink my Red Raspberry Leaf tea and remember my vitamins daily.

What I'm looking forward to:  So much - finding out if its a boy or a girl, seeing the girls' reactions to the new baby, meeting this new little person, having another homebirth.  (Ross wants to catch the baby again, although we'll try to have the midwife arrive on time this round...)

Milestones:  Hm... I don't know?  I'm in the second trimester?  Almost half way there?  Eeek!

(I know, this post needs a belly picture!  I'll have to take one soon.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 17 weeks already! Sounds like you're doing well. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and you have another great home birth. Anxious to hear if it'll be another girl or if you'll get your first experience with a boy.

    Mary @ Homemade Dutch Apple Pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I crave potatoes pregnant or not. LOL Mashed, especially. Missing you!!!

    ReplyDelete