Sunday, October 24, 2010

Adventures In Odyssey - Cause and Effect


I grew up listening to Adventures in Odyssey every Saturday morning.  Without fail, the whole family was quiet and gathered around the radio when 9:00 am arrived.  We knew all of the characters as if they were our friends and listened intently to the newest story.  I recently got the chance to listen to the latest Adventures in Odyssey CD release from Tyndale House.  Mr Whitaker, Eugene, Connie... I feel like I've reconnected with old friends on Facebook!

Adventures in Odyssey is a fictional radio drama series, each episode containing a moral lesson of some kind.  I enjoyed listening to this, although it is not something that my kids (age 5, 3, and 9 months) are ready for yet.  I do not think they would be able to follow along with the fast pace of all the voices.  The stories are also geared to a bit older audience than my sensitive spirited girls.  In a few years though I'm sure we'll enjoy it.  The newest CD set Cause and Effect has 12 episodes on 4 discs including a Thanksgiving and a Christmas themed story.  Each is very well done and quite captivating.  If your children are just a bit older than mine, definitely check this out!

Tyndale House Publishers provided me with a free copy of this CD set to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment