Tuesday, August 20, 2013

From the Sewing Machine

Here are some of the fun easy things I have sewn lately:

This is a skirt that I picked up at Costco.  I sewed one seam down the back, cutting off the extra fabric.  We then sewed ribbon on the top for straps.  Its adorable on Lucy, almost floor length, which she loves.


Julia got to choose fabric for her "6" shirt, a birthday tradition around here!  I made a skirt for Julie (her doll) with the extra.



These skirts are made of material we found at Field's Fabric store.  The ruffle around the bottom was already sewn on.  All I did was a seam down the back.  These are a great longer length on the girls which is hard to find in stores.


I saw this cute bug and butterfly fabric and couldn't resist.  I'm sewing pillowcases for the girls.  Maybe I'll stash them away for Christmas.


Are you working on any fun projects lately?  I love sewing and it makes me happy when I can fit in little bits of time to do a few simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment