Monday, November 30, 2009

Math (Muffin) Tin Monday



Muffin Tin Monday is always something to look forward to around here. There wasn't a theme today so I stole an idea from someone, but I'm not sure who. Each week I click through the links posted and get lots of great ideas; if this was your idea - Thanks!

I filled a tin with snacks - craisins, frozen blueberries, cheese pieces, pretzels, ducks, and marshmallows for a special treat. The girls had to roll a die and then choose that number of snacks from one of the tins. It was good counting practice and even Julia did very well with it. They stayed interested in this and took turning rolling the die and snacking until the tin was almost cleaned out. (Of course the marshmallows disappeared first.) I'd been looking for fun math ideas to add to our homeschooling days, and this was a great one. Check out Her Cup Overfloweth for more Muffin Tin Monday fun.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really neat idea and I will have to remember it next time there is not a theme.

    ReplyDelete