Monday, January 20, 2014

Barefoot Books Ambassador Program



I threw out a quick post about Barefoot Books the other day because I wanted to be sure you knew about their big sale.  However, I have lots more to tell you about!  What exactly am I doing?  How does it all work?  Lets do this Q and A style:

How did you hear about Barefoot Books?

Isaac got a Barefoot Book in one of his Citrus Lane boxes.  I gave it to him in September when the girls got their new schoolbooks for the year.  The book, Octopus Opposites, has been his all time favorite ever since!  We have read the book to him numerous times over and love the illustrations. Isaac even started saying many of the words as he began talking.  He asks for his "ah-pus book" often.  The book is a big sturdy size and really stands out as being high quality.  When we got another Barefoot Book in a Citrus Lane box last month I was inspired to look them up online and learn more about them.  After reading about their emphasis on artwork and great stories, and learning more about the company, I was hooked!

You homeschool your kids, run a blog, and now this?  How do you balance it all?

I've said no to quite a few things that I've been interested in.  I could sew things for an Etsy shop, sell products for another company, or even run ads on my blog or market it aggressively.  I could do any of these things successfully, but my main job is to run our home and care for the kids, along with teaching.  I've tried hard to keep my focus and not spread myself too thin.  Many times that means saying no.  However, Barefoot Books just seems to fit really well with my life.  Enjoying great books with my kids and then talking about them to other people doesn't seem like work to me!  This is something we already love doing and now I'll be earning extra income and free books from it.

So, what's in it for you?

For starters, I got a great box of books for $100.  I'm really not out anything there because the books are worth more than that!  Ambassadors get a 30% discount on orders, up to 20% back in free books, and more.  Within the first 60 days there are kickstarter bonuses - two more boxes full of books - that you can earn just by placing orders.

What do you have to do?

Barefoot Books is pretty flexible as far as what I can do with it.   Hosting a party with friends, selling through my customized website, or marketing online are all great ways to make it work.  I am also really excited about the fundraising option.  I can host parties for organizations or schools and give free books or cash proceeds back to them.

Um, can I join?

Yes!  Now is the perfect time to join with the starter kit being on such a great sale.  Its normally $139, but just until the end of the month it is on sale for $99.  I'd be happy to help walk you through the steps that I'm doing right now to get my business started.  Its as easy as planning a launch party at my home with family and friends and collecting a few orders.  Barefoot Books has a really great section of training videos and support for you to access once you are signed up.  Contact me if you are interested.  (LakeshoreBarefootBooks@ gmail dot com)

Anything else you want to add?

As a homeschool mommy who loves books and wants to be at home with my kids but earn some extra income, this is perfect!  I'm excited about getting some great books at a fun discount, reading those books with my kids, and sharing them with others.  I really love what I've learned about this company and am excited to be a part of story, art, imagination, learning, and more!  My kids are having a blast reading through the books in my starter kit and listening to the fun CDs that come with some of the books.  We are enjoying doing this together.

You can find me here:
https://www.facebook.com/LakeshoreBarefootBooks
Lakeshore.BarefootBooks.com

Any more questions?  Post them in the comments and I'll answer there.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Christy,

    How is your new venture with Barefoot books? I've been thinking about becoming an ambassador but I don't have prior experience in sales and marketing. Do you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete