Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Green Start Books

I recently came across the coolest little board books for young children.  Green Start Books are made from recycled paper and eco friendly ink!  We got the chance to review three of them.


I love these books!  They are non-fiction, fun little stories.  I love that my girls are learning while enjoying a board book.  The books have a brown background to the pages, which is nice and makes the bright colorful pictures stand out.  I really enjoyed the artwork in all three books, very well done and fun to look at.


Each book includes a parent page with tips and more.  In the Garden has recipes for applesauce and fruit slush along with tips on growing a tomato plant.  Baby Animals has information about endangered animals and ways you can help protect them.  In One Tree you can read tips to help preserve our forests.  I thought they were pretty informative and contained information to help me teach the girls more about these subjects.


The text of the books is easy to read and engaging to the listener.  The listed age range is 3-6 but I would put them more in the 1-3 group.  These books would make a perfect first or second birthday gift.  I will probably get the other three that we do not have yet for Esther's birthday or Christmas.  We give these a big two thumbs up!

Innovative Kids sent us these three books for review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment