Monday, August 24, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday - People and Faces



With being out of town this past week, I wasn't sure if we were going to participate in Muffin Tin Monday today or not. However, when I went to the grocery store this afternoon, I completely hit the jackpot on MTM supplies in the clearance section!! I couldn't resist using some of my new muffin cups for dinner tonight. We had waffles, syrup, blueberries, and strawberries (which we used to make faces on our waffles). The girls loved their special dinner and ate it all up.

I used this recipe for blender waffles - its actually a fairly healthy recipe since it uses whole grains (we used rolled oats) and it tastes delicious. Since this was a last minute meal I didn't leave the grains to soak overnight this time and it still worked just fine. I do cut the salt to 1/2 tsp just because we think its too salty otherwise.

And just because I know you'll be as excited about this as I am... all of these were $2.49 a package! I got two or three of each and hid them away in the basement for future fun lunch surprises.


If you're visiting for the first time from Michelle's Muffin Tin Monday links, be sure and check out my review and giveaway for Le Creuset baking cups. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE you tin today and that awesome muffin cup stash!! It is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE TELL ME HOW you got those for $2.49 each???? I MUST KNOW!

    I love the waffle face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous find! Lucky you! And great MTM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! And I am so jealous that you got all of that adorableness SOOOO cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meal looks delicious and I'm SO jealous about your clearance finds! I can't even find those items around here not on sale. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing deal!! I wish I could find deals like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! WHERE!!!???!!! Where did you get them? I need to know!! ;)

    Great MTM, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments. It was a total surprise to me that I found so many of the supplies on clearance. I was just at my local Meijer store, I'm not sure why they decided to clearance all of these out? If you have a Meijer near you it would be worth checking!

    ReplyDelete