Sunday, February 5, 2012
Some days I feel like I have a looong way to go yet with this pregnancy. The baby feels huge and I am exhausted and out of shape. Other days I feel like I have a ton yet to do and my due date is quickly approaching. I warned Ross last week that nesting was probably about to begin soon. He is usually a pretty good sport about helping me get things done and ready for the baby.
- Keep taking my vitamins: prenatals, fish oil, and red raspberry leaf tea (steeped for two hours, blech). Add in evening primrose oil and more tea at 36 weeks.
- Finish gathering items for my birth kit and put a waterproof cover on the mattress. I was able to run out this weekend and gather a few things. I also just placed an order with Vitacost for Earth Mama Angel Baby (nipple butter, bottom balm, etc.), Seventh Generation pads, and misc things.
- Make and freeze meals for after baby arrives. My goal is to freeze at least one a week starting now. Or maybe I just need to have one big baking day and do it all at once? I should at least make a list of what I want to freeze and go from there.
- Sort out neutral baby clothes and wash them. Figure out where to put them. This may involve reconfiguring the dresser situation in the girls' bedroom and changing how I store their clothes. I don't know, we're about out of space in our tiny house. I need to think of a creative solution!
- Choose names!! We have a few that we like, but nothing is settled on.
- Make a few more baby purchases: the co-sleeper, sheets, and a portable swing. First we have to get the box spring and frame for our own bed, then I can measure the height and order the co-sleeper. We got a nice new mattress this past fall, but its been on the floor so far until we could decide what kind of bed frame to get.
- Organize and wash cloth diapers. Figure out where to put these as well. Take inventory and decide if I need to buy anything else. Maybe another cover or two? I'll have to post a newborn cloth diaper stash photo soon. :)
Eeek, what else am I forgetting? This is just my "baby to do" list, then there is everything else I would like done - the bedroom organized, - school papers all filed and sorted, - the basement playroom cleaned, ... and so on. Nesting has definitely begun!