We've been busy bees around here! I promise I have several homeschool update posts half written, and will finish them up soon. :) We're enjoying Heart of Dakota this year and getting settled into our fall routine. Speaking of HOD, have you noticed the blogroll page? Over 50 bloggers have joined so far. Have fun browsing the blogs, sharing ideas, and being inspired!
For now, here's a picture of a bee that we made. The girls were learning about bees in science and I needed something else to keep the girls occupied in the afternoon, so we made these. Our bee model helped us count how many legs and wings a bee has. We also talked about their fuzzy legs picking up pollen.
Start with a toilet paper tube and draw a face on one side. Use yellow and black markers to add stripes. The legs are made from one pipe cleaner that I cut into thirds. Each third = a pair of legs and pokes into the tube and back out again. I used a pencil first to make holes for the pipe cleaners. The wings are all one piece that I cut out and glued on last. :)